The foundation of popular culture was shaken to its core in 1977 when George Lucas released one of the most important films in modern American history: Star Wars: A New Hope. A hardcover, richly illustrated joyride Star Wars: A Galaxy of Collectibles, frames four decades of intergalactic adventures with rare collectibles, astonishing collections and classic Star Wars images.
Showcasing fabulous movie props, original art, prototypes, movie posters, rarities, classic toys, and exclusive interviews with artists who created some of the most iconic scenes from the original movie trilogy, Star Wars: A Galaxy of Collectibles pulls back the curtain to reveal a stunning behind-the-scenes view of the world's favorite space opera.
A treasure trove of seldom-seen wonders fill this galactic celebration, including:
• Princess Leia's Slave Girl outfit worn as a prisoner of Jabba the Hutt
• Darth Vader's helmet and costume
• A working model of The Death Star from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
• Chewbacca's headpiece used in the original trilogy
• An R2-D2 droid that sold for $2.76 million
• A concept art movie poster by Tom Jung
• Exclusive photos of the largest Star Wars toy ever produced
• An interview with designer James L. Schoppe, who created the blaster used by Han Solo in Return of the Jedi
• Rare move posters
• A Foreword by John Jackson Miller, The New York Times best-selling science fiction author
Filled with visual delights and insight, Star Wars: A Galaxy of Collectibles brings home dramatically an adventure that takes place "in a galaxy far, far away."
Other Books in this Series
Check Out the entire
Read Our Full Review
Roundtables & Related Videos
Collections that Feature this Book