From a Certain Point of View: Return of the Jedi
Forty years. Forty stories.
In honor of the fortieth anniversary of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and continuing the From a Certain Point of View anthology series, this collection features Star Wars stories by bestselling authors, trendsetting artists, and treasured voices from Star Wars literary history.
On May 25, 1983, Star Wars cemented its legacy as the greatest movie franchise of all time with the release of Return of the Jedi. In honor of the fortieth anniversary, forty storytellers re-create an iconic scene from Return of the Jedi through the eyes of a supporting character, from heroes and villains, to droids and creatures. From a Certain Point of View features contributions by bestselling authors and trendsetting artists:
Olivie Blake provides a chilling glimpse into the mind of Emperor Palpatine.
Saladin Ahmed recounts the tragic history of the rancor trainer.
Charlie Jane Anders explores the life and times of the Sarlacc.
Fran Wilde reveals Mon Mothma's secret mission to save the Rebel Alliance.
Mary Kenney chronicles Wicket the Ewok's quest for one quiet day on the forest moon of Endor.
Anakin Skywalker becomes one with the Force in a gripping tale by Mike Chen.
Author & Stories
- Amal El-Mohtar: Any Work Worth Doing a Tiaan Jerjerrod Story
- Phil Szostak: Fancy Man a Max Rebo Story
- Olivia Chadha: The Key to Remembering, a EV-9D9 Story
- Kwame Mbalia: Fortuna Favors the Bold, a Bib Fortuna Story
- Thea Guanzon: Dune Sea Songs of Salt and Moonlight
- Saladin Ahmed: The Plan, a Malakili Story
- Tara Sim: Reputation, a Boba Fett Story
- K. Arsenault Rivera: Kickback, a Sion Story
- Sarah Glenn Marsh: Everyone's, a Critic a Salacious B. Crumb Story
- Kristin Baver: Satisfaction, a Sy Snootles Story
- Charlie Jane Anders: My Mouth Never Closes, a Sarlacc Story
- Jason Fry: Kernels and Husks, a Sim Aloo Story
- Akemi Dawn Bowman: The Light That Falls, a Bright-Eyes Story
- Alex Jennings: From a Certain Point of View, an Obi-Wan Kenobi Story
- Fran Wilde: No Contingency, a Mon Mothma Story
- Danny Lore: The Burden of Leadership, a Lando Calrissian Story
- Patricia A. Jackson: Gone to the Winner's Circle, a TK-451 Story
- Mary Kenney: One Normal Day, a Wicket Wystri Warrick Story
- Paul Crilley: Divine Intervention, a Logray Story
- Suzanne Walker: The Buy-In, a Norra Wexley
- Max Gladstone: The Man Who Captured Luke Skywalker, an Igar Story
- Jarrett Krosoczka: Ackbar, a Gial Ackbar Story
- Marieke Nijkamp: The Impossible Flight of Ash Angels, a Arvel Crynyd Story
- Hannah Whitten: Ending Protocol a Riz Story
- Ali Hazelwood: The Last Flight, a Sila Kott Story
- Lamar Giles: Twenty and Out, a Corr Story
- Sarah Kuhn: The Ballad of Nanta, a Nanta Story
- Olivie Blake: Then Fall, Sidious, a Emperor Palpatine Story
- Sean Williams: Impact
- Laura Pohl: Trooper Trouble, a TK-423 Story
- Dana Schwartz: To the Last, a Firmus Piett Story
- Gloria Chao: The Emperor's Red Guards
- Alyssa Wong: Wolf Trap, a Hoyel Story
- M. K. England: The Extra Five Percent, a Karie Neth Story
- Emma Mieko Candon: When Fire Marked the Sky, a Wedge Antilles Story
- Danielle Paige: The Chronicler
- Adam Lance Garcia: The Veteran, a Dexter Jettster Story
- Mike Chen: Brotherhood, an Anakin Skywalker Story
- Adam Christopher: The Steadfast Soldier, a Enric Pryde Story
- Tom Angleberger: Return of the Whills