This post may contain affiliate links and Youtini may earn a small commission when you click on them at no cost to you.
ave you ever wanted to journey to a galaxy far, far away? You can experience the Star Wars universe in real life at the Disney theme parks! Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is a themed land at both Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Become fully immersed as you enter Black Spire Outpost on the planet of Batuu — a settlement full of smugglers, Resistance fighters, and the First Order. Face the First Order (look out for Stormtroopers!), build your own lightsaber, pilot the Millennium Falcon, and more as you live out your own Star Wars theme park adventure.
To visit “Batuu West” and “Batuu East” (the in-universe names for the Galaxy’s Edge park areas), you’ll need to purchase theme park admission to either Disneyland Park or Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park at Disney World. We scoured the Internet to find the cheapest tickets and found them at Undercover Tourist. If you want to save some credits that you can put towards a new lightsaber or a drink at the cantina, definitely check out their discount tickets. The best part? Experiencing Star Wars at the theme parks is included with your park admission! You do not need a separate ticket to enter Galaxy’s Edge.
But let’s face it – planning the perfect Disney vacation can be stressful and leave you exhausted before you even get to the park. Fortunately, Youtini staff members have visited Galaxy’s Edge dozens of times and compiled the best tips and tricks to make the most out of your trip. Read on to learn all of the ways to experience Star Wars at Disney World and Disneyland!
Rides in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
One of the highlights of experiencing Star Wars at the theme parks is the incredible rides. Galaxy’s Edge offers two immersive attractions that are some of the best in the entire park, putting you right in the middle of the epic action.
For those of us who grew up watching Star Wars, we’ve all had one dream: piloting the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. Disney has brought that dream to life with Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run. Our favorite space pirate, Hondo Ohnaka, has borrowed the famous ship and needs your help. Will your six-person crew of pilots, gunners, and engineers complete the mission without too much damage?
Pro tip: to save time in line and have more time for other attractions, purchase Disney Genie+ the morning of your visit to bypass the regular line or use the free Single Rider line if you’re OK riding with another group.
One of the most popular rides at the Disney parks, Star Wars: Rise of Resistance is more than just a technological marvel — it’s a 20-minute immersive experience featuring some of the most immersive technology at Disney to date! Your Resistance group must escape the First Order base in a thrilling adventure. This attraction can see high wait times, so we recommend riding either first thing in the morning or right before park close, or consider purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane to skip the regular line. This might be our favorite attraction in all of the Disney parks – you won’t want to miss this one!
Both Smuggler’s Run and Rise of Resistance can be found in Disney World and Disneyland, so Star Wars fans can experience these amazing attractions no matter which version of Batuu they choose to visit.
Experiences & Shopping in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
There’s so much to see and do at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge — be sure to allow plenty of time to experience Star Wars at the theme parks (and visit again at night for a totally different atmosphere). Grabbing Genie+ or Individual Lightning Lane passes to avoid long wait times is a great way to give yourself plenty of time to shop between rides.
Here are all of the unique shops you can find in Galaxy’s Edge — plan out a visit to your favorites using Undercover Tourist’s handy park plans (Hollywood Studios in Disney World or Disneyland Park in Disneyland), or explore the marketplace to find them all on your own!
- Savi’s Workshop — Customize your own lightsaber in this immersive building experience. Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made online starting 60 days in advance.
- Droid Depot — Create your own R-series or BB-series droid at Droid Depot. Advance reservations are recommended. Extra accessories and pre-built models are also available (even Chopper from Rebels!).
- Batuu Bounty Hunters — Collect virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost using the Play Disney Parks app and MagicBand+.
- Roaming characters — Keep an eye out for characters such as Rey, Chewbacca, Resistance fighter Vi Moradi, Kylo Ren, Stormtroopers, the Mandalorian, and Grogu (plus Boba Fett and Fennec Shand at Disneyland).
- Converse with cast members — The immersion continues with the cast members who can create their own unique backstories for a fun in-universe conversation. Bright suns (or good morning)!
- Shop for merchandise — From Jedi robes and character lightsaber replicas to adopting your own Loth-Cat, shopping in Galaxy’s Edge is truly out-of-this-world.
- Take a hologram — Cast members are stationed throughout Batuu to capture the perfect photo … sometimes with some special appearances from your favorite characters like porgs, Grogu, and more!).
- Dress up — Grab those Jedi robes, Sith outfits, or smugglers attire! You can dress up with outfits inspired by your favorite characters on your visit to Batuu (just be sure to check official costume guidelines before you attend).
Dining in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Even the food is themed to the setting on Batuu! Galaxy’s Edge features some of the tastiest options in all of Disney parks. We’ve even walked all the way across the park in the summer sun just to grab a Ronto Wrap – it’s that good. A few of our favorite options:
- Docking Bay 7 - This restaurant housed in a hangar bay is the perfect place to escape the heat and sit down for a meal or quick bite. Our insider recommendations are the Endorian Fried Chicken Tip-Yip and Felucian Kefta & Hummus Garden Spread – but be sure to check out the seasonal offerings.
- Ronto Roasters – This walk-up stand is perfect for an on-the-go lunch. Our favorites are the Ronto Wrap and the refreshing Tatooine Sunset beverage.
- Milk Stand – Let’s be honest, we’ve all wondered what that blue milk Luke drinks in A New Hope tastes like. Now you can finally find out! Choose between Blue or Green Milk (or try both) for the perfect refreshing drink.
- Oga’s Cantina – Inspired by Mos Eisley, the cantina is a destination watering hole with alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. This popular location requires advance dining reservations, though limited walk-ups may be available.
Be sure to mobile order to save time – it’s super easy in the Disneyland or My Disney Experience app and allows you to skip the line and get your food as soon as you walk up! This is another of our favorite hacks to save time and get the most out of your visit.
Other Star Wars Experiences at the Disney Parks
Galaxy’s Edge is an incredible, immersive experience, but the Star Wars at Disney doesn’t stop there. Check out a few of the other great ways to connect with the galaxy at Disney parks:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue — The motion simulator takes you through different planets from the Star Wars films. From the waters of Naboo to the snowy landscape of Hoth, it’s a different ride every time, so you never know what sequence you’re going to get!
- Star Wars: Launch Bay — Meet characters such as Darth Vader, Chewbacca, and BB-8 as well as view props, artwork, and replicas.
- For an extra special celebration, visit during May for Star Wars Month, especially on May the Fourth, or attend the separately ticketed Star Wars Nite at Disneyland Park.
'Til the spire! Did you know there were Star Wars theme park experiences? Which are you most excited to try?
If you’re planning an upcoming trip (or just dreaming about one), don’t forget to check out Undercover Tourist for discount tickets to the Disney parks. Save time and money to do more of what you love at Disney!
About Undercover Tourist
For over 20 years, Undercover Tourist has provided customers with authentic discount attraction tickets and helpful vacation planning resources. As an authorized Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort ticket seller, we’re able to offer the exact same tickets you’d get at the gate — for less. No catch!